The Beatles have become one of the most iconic bands in history. Have fun quizzing yourself with these Beatles trivia questions and answers.
See if you know who’s the oldest member and what year the band started. Bring together your fellow fans of 60s rock together for some good old Beatles trivia.
Find out which of you is the bigger Beatles fan. Enjoy this list of 142 Beatles trivia questions and answers. If you find this Beatles Trivia fun, check out our:
Beatles Trivia Questions And Answers
1. In what year did The Beatles form?
2. Which member of the group is the oldest?
3. What is the name of the first song The Beatles released?
4. What was the name of the band’s manager?
5. Global Beatles Day is an annual holiday to celebrate and honor The Beatles. What day of the year does it fall on?
6. Which band member was the first to cross Abbey Road in their famous album cover?
7. Which of The Beatle’s singles was their best-selling?
8. Which song is the longest Beatles song?
9. The album “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” took how many hours to record?
10. What is the name of the first drummer The Beatles had?
11. Which city in England are The Beatles members from?
12. Which two in the group wrote most of the songs?
13. Who took over as the drummer when Ringo temporarily left the band?
14. The Beatles starred in a musical comedy called “A Hard Day’s Night,” which was released in what year?
15. Which Beatles member was shot and killed in 1980?
16. What was the first U.S. show to host The Beatles?
17. How many films did the band appear in?
18. What is Ringo Starr’s real name?
19. Which band member was attacked in their home and stabbed?
20. Which of The Beatles’ songs has the line “All the lonely people”?
21. The Beatles received a telegram congratulating them before a show from which famous musician?
22. What crime was Paul McCartney suspected of in Germany and thus banned from the country for?
23. How many number one hits did The Beatles have in their career?
24. Paul McCartney was imprisoned in Tokyo for trying to sneak what into the country?
25. What is the name of the woman John Lennon married in 1969?
26. The song “Yesterday” was originally titled what?
27. Frank Sinatra called which of The Beatles’ songs “the greatest love song ever written”?
28. What was the name of The Beatles song that was written for Mia Farrow’s sister?
29. In what year did The Beatles become inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
30. Which member of The Beatles was believed to have died in 1966 and was replaced by a double?
31. What is the song that John Lennon recorded by himself while still with The Beatles?
32. Which of The Beatle’s albums was the first rock album to feature complete song lyrics on the back?
33. What was the last album The Beatles recorded?
34. In which U.S. city did The Beatles have their final performance?
35. What was the original name of The Beatles?
36. Who was the fifth Beatle?
37. What year did The Beatles officially disband?
38. Which Beatles song is the most covered song in history?
39. Who was the oldest member of The Beatles?
40. What Beatles album is the best-selling album of all time in the UK?
41. Which Beatles member was the first to release a solo album?
42. Which song was The Beatles’ first number one hit in the US?
43. Which Beatles album features the song ‘Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds’?
44. Who designed The Beatles’ iconic ‘dropped-T’ logo?
45. Who was the last person to join The Beatles?
46. What is the title of The Beatles’ first studio album?
47. Who was the primary songwriter of the song ‘Octopus’s Garden’?
48. What was the only Beatles song to exceed 7 minutes in length?
49. In what year was The Beatles’ White Album released?
50. What was the last album The Beatles recorded together?
51. Which Beatles song has the line ‘Living is easy with eyes closed’?
52. What is the full name of Ringo Starr?
53. What was the last song John Lennon played live in front of an audience?
54. What instrument did Paul McCartney play left-handed?
55. Who was the original drummer of The Beatles?
56. Which Beatles song begins with a two-minute orchestral warm-up?
57. What was the last single The Beatles released before they broke up?
58. What is the only Beatles song to include a Shakespeare quote?
59. Which Beatles album was the first to use synthesizers?
60. Which Beatles song was banned by the BBC for its ‘obscene’ lyrics?
61. Who played the piano part on ‘Hey Jude’?
62. In what city did The Beatles originate?
63. What is the only Beatles album to include only Lennon-McCartney songs?
64. Who managed The Beatles?
65. In which year did The Beatles first perform on The Ed Sullivan Show?
66. What was the last Beatles song to be mixed in mono?
67. What is the title of the first movie starring The Beatles?
68. What is Paul McCartney’s middle name?
69. What was the first Beatles song to be recorded at Abbey Road Studios?
70. Which Beatles song has been streamed the most on Spotify?
71. Which Beatles album cover features a zebra crossing?
72. Who took over as drummer when Ringo briefly left The Beatles in 1968?
73. Which Beatles song was written as a lullaby for John Lennon’s son, Julian?
74. Who was the ‘fifth Beatle’ according to Paul McCartney?
75. Which Beatles song was inspired by a circus poster?
76. Which Beatles song was originally called ‘Bad Finger Boogie’?
77. What was the last song recorded collectively by all four Beatles?
78. Which song on the ‘Revolver’ album is credited as Lennon–McCartney–Starkey?
79. What was the name of the shop owned by The Beatles?
80. Which Beatles song contains the lyric ‘tangerine trees and marmalade skies’?
81. Which Beatles song was inspired by a dream Paul McCartney had?
82. Which Beatles song was covered by Elton John in 1974?
83. What song was playing when John Lennon was assassinated?
84. What instrument did George Harrison play?
85. Which Beatles song features a French horn solo?
86. Which Beatles song did Frank Sinatra call ‘the greatest love song of the past 50 years’?
87. What was the first Beatles song to feature backward vocals?
88. Which Beatles song is allegedly about a playground slide?
89. What is the shortest Beatles song ever released?
90. Who shot the cover photo for the ‘Abbey Road’ album?
91. What was the name of The Beatles’ music publishing company?
92. What is the only Beatles song that does not include any Beatles playing an instrument?
93. What was The Beatles’ first song to top the UK charts?
94. What was the first Beatles song to use a sitar?
95. Which Beatles song has the longest title?
96. Which Beatles song has the shortest title?
97. What was the first song on The Beatles’ last album?
98. What was the name of the studio where The Beatles recorded most of their songs?
99. Which Beatles song was the first to be recorded using 8-track technology?
100. What was the first Beatles song to be used in a commercial?
101. What is the name of Ringo Starr’s son who is also a drummer?
102. What was the first Beatles song to be officially released in stereo in the US?
103. What was the last song on The Beatles’ last album?
104. What was The Beatles’ last public performance?
105. What is the name of the studio where The Beatles made their first recording?
106. What was the first Beatles song to be broadcast in space?
107. What was the first Beatles song to be recorded using Artificial Double Tracking (ADT)?
108. What was the only Beatles album to feature a gatefold cover in its initial UK release?
109. What song did The Beatles perform for their audition at Decca Records?
110. What was the first song George Harrison wrote for The Beatles?
111. What was The Beatles’ longest single, running 7 minutes and 11 seconds?
112. Which Beatles album spent the longest time at number one in the UK?
113. Which Beatles song was their first to feature a guitar solo by George Harrison?
114. Which song was the first Lennon-McCartney composition to be recorded by The Beatles?
115. What was the title of The Beatles’ second movie?
116. What was the last album in which all four Beatles participated in the recording sessions?
117. Which Beatles song was the first to feature a synthesizer?
118. What is the name of the famous club in Liverpool where The Beatles performed early in their career?
119. What was the first Beatles song to feature Ringo Starr on lead vocals?
120. What was the only Beatles song to be credited to Lennon-Harrison?
121. What is the title of the documentary that chronicles The Beatles’ early years?
122. Who was the keyboardist on The Beatles’ Get Back sessions?
123. Who was The Beatles’ lead vocalist on their cover of ‘Twist and Shout’?
124. Which Beatles song was inspired by a newspaper article about a car crash?
125. What was The Beatles’ first double A-side single?
126. What was the name of George Harrison’s first solo album after The Beatles disbanded?
127. What was the name of John Lennon’s first solo album after The Beatles disbanded?
128. What was the name of Paul McCartney’s first solo album after The Beatles disbanded?
129. What was the name of Ringo Starr’s first solo album after The Beatles disbanded?
130. What was the title of the first song that The Beatles recorded?
131. What is the name of the studio where The Beatles recorded their first single?
132. What song was Paul McCartney performing when he met John Lennon?
133. Who was the original bassist for The Beatles?
134. What was the first Beatles song to use the Moog synthesizer?
135. Which Beatles song was used as the theme for a James Bond film?
136. What was the name of the documentary about the making of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band?
137. Which Beatles song was the first to use a string quartet?
138. Which Beatles song has been used as a wake-up call for astronauts in space?
139. What was The Beatles’ biggest-selling single in the UK?
140. Who was the first Beatle to have a solo number one hit in the US?
141. Which Beatles song was inspired by a Pablo Picasso painting?
142. What Beatles song was covered by Joe Cocker and became the theme song for the TV show ‘The Wonder Years’?