Labor Day is a holiday that commemorates the efforts and achievements of the labor union movement. These labor day trivia questions and answers are great to celebrate the daily achievements of all our workers.
Discover when the holiday started and what city was the first to celebrate it. Our labor day trivia questions and answers will cover the interesting history of the celebration.
You’ll learn a lot of facts and have fun with your family and friends. Here are 55 Labor Day trivia questions and answers.
Check out our over Trivia:
Labor Day Trivia Questions And Answers
1. In which month is Labor Day celebrated in both America and Canada?
2. What day of the week is Labor Day celebrated in the United States?
3. In what year did the first recorded labor strike occur in America?
4. Which month do many countries celebrate their Labor Day?
5. In the U.S., Labor Day is a day to honor what?
6. What is the name of the 1886 nationwide labor strike, which demanded the implementation of the standard eight-hour workday?
7. In the United States, who is often credited as the “Father of Labor Day”?
8. In what year was the first trade union formed in America?
9. Which city in the United States was the first to celebrate Labor Day?
10. What is the name of the 1984 railroad strike that helped Labor Day to become a national holiday?
11. Which labor union in the United States has the most members?
12. In which U.S. city was the first trade union formed?
13. What was Peter McGuire’s nickname?
14. What is considered to be the most well-known labor union?
15. As of 2022, how many people in the United States work from home, at least part-time?
16. In what year did the first labor strike occur in America?
17. Which U.S. President signed the bill that made Labor Day a national holiday?
18. In what year did the first Labor Day Parade occur in the United States?
19. Which Act, passed in 1890, banned monopolies and protected buyers from unfair business practices?
20. What is the date that the first Labor Day was celebrated?
21. In what country did Labor Day originate?
22. Who founded the American Federation of Labor?
23. Labor Day unofficially marks the end of what?
24. Which U.S. state passed the first Labor Day laws in 1887?
25. What percentage of Americans are self-employed?
26. What color of clothing do people say not to wear after Labor Day?
27. In what year did Labor Day become a federal holiday in the United States?
28. What is the name of the first federal law, passed in 1916, that regulated hours for workers?
29. According to the OECD, which country had the lowest hours per work week as of 2020?
30. What is another common name for Labor Day?
31. In what year did Samuel Gompers establish the American Federation of Labor?
32. Which American Labor Federation, started in 1869, began as a secret society for tailors?
33. How many workers were killed during the Triangle Shirtwaist Co. fire?
34. In what year did the Fair Labor Standards Act pass?
35. What is the average amount of hours Americans work each week?
36. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, how many American workers were represented by unions in 2021?
37. In what year did the Occupational Safety and Health Act, which ensured safety for employees in the workplace, get passed?
38. Which industries employ the largest number of people in the United States?
39. In which year did Labor Day begin in Canada?
40. About what percentage of Americans are dissatisfied with their job?
41. In what month does Australia celebrate Labor Day?
42. Approximately how many hours will the average person work over the course of their life?
43. What is the average amount of time spent commuting to work one way?
44. How many hours was the average workday before the Labor Day Act was passed?
45. The first Labor Day Parade was held in New York City in what year?
46. In what year was the eight-hour workday implemented through legislation?
47. Labor Day weekend is considered one of the busiest weekends for what?
48. Congress passed federal laws in 1916 making what illegal in the workforce?
49. Which famous poster was aimed at recruiting more women into defense industries during World War II?
50. Which infamous Chicago riot, occurring in 1886, resulted in the death of several workers and police officers?
51. How many workers marched from City Hall to Union Square during the first Labor Day Parade?
52. What country has the lowest legal working age?
53. The concept of Labor Day was first introduced to the public in which year?
54. Which country has the highest rates of union membership?
55. Since the 1980s, the percentage of Americans who are members of a workplace union has reduced by how much?
More interesting fun trivia:
- Stranger Things Trivia Questions And Answers
- 60 New Year’s Trivia Questions And Answers
- NFL Trivia Questions And Answers
- College Football Trivia Questions And Answers
- 70 Grey’s Anatomy Trivia Questions And Answers