These Mother’s Day Trivia Questions will make this special time all the more joyful. Quiz your family and friends to see how much they know.
We’ve listed some fun general facts about moms and Mother’s Day. The topics fall under history, entertainment, and much more.
Here’s a list of 71 Mother’s Day trivia questions and answers in honor of moms around the world.
1. What flower is associated with Mother’s Day?
2. In what month does Mother’s Day take place in Canada, Australia, and the U.S.?
3. What country was the first to celebrate Mother’s Day as an official holiday?
4. In America, what day of the week does Mother’s Day fall on?
5. What year did the U.S. recognize Mother’s Day as an official holiday?
6. What is Mother’s Day known as in England?
7. Which month has the highest birth rates in the U.S.?
8. Which month has the highest birth rates in the U.K.?
9. In the Bible, who is known as the first Mother?
10. Where can the earliest known celebration of mothers be traced back?
11. What are the odds of a woman giving birth to twins?
12. What day of the week has the highest birth rates in the U.S.?
13. What U.S. state is called “The Mother of Presidents” due to having eight former U.S. presidents born there?
14. How many weeks is an average pregnancy?
15. What year was the film “Mother” released?
16. Which U.S. state was the first to celebrate Mother’s Day?
17. In the popular TV show “Game of Thrones,” who is known as “The Mother of Dragons”?
18. What cake, made with almond paste, is traditionally made for Mothering Sunday?
19. Which Swedish pop group is known for their hit song “Mamma Mia”?
20. Who was the woman who started the tradition of celebrating Mother’s Day in the U.S.?
21. What year was the first Mother’s Day celebration in the U.S.?
22. The oldest first-time mother gave birth in 2019. How old was she?
23. Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for which industry?
24. What is the most popular item purchased as a gift for Mother’s Day?
25. Which U.S. President established Mother’s Day as an official national holiday?
26. In Greek mythology, who is the mother of the gods?
27. Who is the leading actress in the film “Mamma Mia”?
28. Name the famous Catholic nun who was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for “her work bringing help to suffering humanity”?
29. What famous British pop girl band sang the song “Mama”?
30. For the Roman Catholic Church, Mother’s Day is a day of admiration for whom?
31. What is the highest number of children born to one mother?
32. What is the average number of diaper changes a mother makes in the first year of a baby’s life?
33. What percentage of annual flower purchases does Mother’s Day account for?
34. What is the mammal native to Africa that gives birth while standing up?
35. What is the marsupial that is known for having the smallest mammal at birth?
36. The first goddess in Greek mythology can be called “Mother Earth,” but she is also known by what other name?
37. What is the animal that has the largest babies at birth?
38. How many babies are born to American mothers every year?
39. How many mothers are there in the world?
40. Carmelina Fedele is the mother of the heaviest baby ever born. How many pounds did her son weigh at birth?
41. How many phone calls are made on Mother’s Day each year?
42. What is the average number of children a woman will have in the U.S.?
43. What is known as “the mother of invention”?
44. Who is Prince William and Prince Harry’s mother?
45. Which American rock band released the popular song “Stacy’s Mom”?
46. Who is the mother to Pebbles and Stony Flintstone?
47. What is the name of Harry Potter’s mother?
48. In terms of the most popular holidays for plant and flower sales, Mother’s Day ranks where on the list?
49. What year was the first-ever test-tube baby born?
50. What does a white carnation represent on Mother’s Day?
51. What famous song by the Beatles is inspired by Paul McCartney’s mother?
52. Who is Luke Skywalker’s mother in the Star Wars trilogy?
53. Who is the famous cartoon mother known for having yellow skin?
54. Who is Eric Foreman’s mother on “That 70s Show”?
55. Who is the musician known for performing the song “Dear Mama”?
56. The Italian Renaissance painting titled “Madonna Litta” features a mother breastfeeding her infant child. Which famous artist created this painting?
57. Who was known as the “Mother of Modern Physics”?
58. What is the average age that U.S. women become mothers?
59. How much do Americans spend on Mother’s Day annually?
60. Name the woman who is a two-time Nobel Prize winner and is the mother of another Nobel Prize winner?
61. What species of animals have the longest pregnancy at 22 months?
62. What is the highest number of babies a mother has had in one birth?
63. What does a red carnation represent on Mother’s Day?
64. What Latin word did “Mother” originate from?
65. Who is the mother in the TV show “Bob’s Burgers”?
66. What is the average length of maternity leave taken in the U.S.?
67. What do carnations represent for Mother’s Day?
68. Anjelica Houston is well-known for her role as the mother in this popular film.
69. What is the name of the mother from the previous question?
70. What group of animals carry their young in a pouch?
71. What percent of American shoppers buy jewelry as a gift for their mother on Mother’s Day?
Other trivia you might like: