These quotes about trying new things can inspire you to do something new in your life. It's an important part of our growth and development to always challenge ourselves in new ways.
The challenges don't always have to be extreme. It can be as simple as taking a new route to work or trying a new skill you've never done. In between the quotes, you can enjoy reading interesting research and insights about why a new activity can be good for you.
35 Quotes About Trying New Things
1. "Never be afraid to try something new because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know." ~ Anonymous
2. "I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something." Neil Gailman
3. "Make a habit of trying new things." - Anonymous
A study found that just listening to new music can increase your mental acuity. Find time to listen to new and different types of songs to improve your mind.Study reported in Time
4. "Life is about taking chances, trying new things, having fun, making mistakes and learning from it." - Anonymous
5. "I'm always trying new things and learning new things." - Morgan Freeman
6. "Unless you open yourself up to trying new things, you can't find what you love." - Anonymous
Neurologist David Eagleman found from his research that new experiences feel like they last longer. Try something new to help you feel like life isn't moving too fast.Research reported in New York Magazine
7. "All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. "Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things." - Theodore Levitt
9. "Life is trying things to see if they work." - Ray Bradbury
10. "Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanor Roosevelt
11. "Try new things and discover yourself every single day." - Bhavya Choudhary
Psychologist Rich Walker expressed that new experiences help you retain more positive emotions and minimize negative ones. See if trying something new can help increase positivity in your life.Time
12. "You will have to experiment and try things out for yourself and you will not be sure of what you are doing. That's alright, you are feeling your way into the thing." - Emily Carr
13. "You don't need to have everything figured out. Try new things. Experiment. Mess up. Start over." - Anonymous
14. "Don't be afraid to try new things. They aren't all going to work, but when you find the one that does, you're going to be so proud of yourself for trying." - Anonymous
15. "I like the challenge of trying different things and wondering whether it's going to work or whether I'm going to fall flat on my face" - Johnny Depp
Learning a new mentally demanding skill has been found to help older adults keep their mind sharp. An example of a mentally demanding activity you could try is photography.Association for Psychological Science
16. "I've always wanted to try new things because it's exciting and it keeps you active and alive." - Robert Redford
Never be afraid to try something new quotes
17. "Try new things everyday. Don't be afraid of failures. You will not lose anything. But your brain will be packed with experiences." Akash Ryan Agarwal
18. "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." Neale Donald Walsch
19. "In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take." - Anonymous
20. "To learn something new, you need to try new things and not be afraid to be wrong." Roy T. Bennett
One of billionaire Richard Branson's top tips for trying something new is to not be afraid. He expresses that when meeting new people, most people will give you a warm welcome.Virgin.com
21. "Self-confidence builds when you try new things without fear of failure." - Venkat Desireddy
22. "I like to challenge myself and I like to try new things." - Jessica Lucas
23. "We don't know who we are until we see what can we do." - Martha Grimes
Benefits of trying new things quotes
24. "If you're trying to live life, really live it, you should, in my opinion, try to expand all aspects of your life. Open yourself to new ideas and new things even if you find you don't like them in the end - but at least knowing them has taken you that much further along into being a more experienced and well-rounded person in this world." - Josh Barnett
25. "Often you will end up loving the new things you try and even if you don't love it, you've given yourself a new experience." - Alli Simpson
Employment website Indeed published an article on 20 new skills to learn for career advancement. Among the best ones you can learn include picking up a foreign language, public speaking, and speed reading.Indeed
26. "What's fun for me is to try new things and push myself and not get stuck in one genre or another, or stuck with one character or another." - Steven Strait
27. "If you do not try new things, you may never find out what is for you." - Anonymous
Keep trying new things quotes
28. "It's better to look back on life and say, "I can't believe I did that." than to look back and say: "I wish I did that." - Unknown
29. "Trying new things is the only way you're going to learn what your passions are." - Lauren Skonieczny
30. "I'm an entrepreneur at heart. I'm not afraid of starting up, starting over, or even failing for that matter, because the fact that I try new things in itself is a victory." Lynn Collins
31. "I don't live in the past at all; I'm always wanting to do something new. I make a point of constantly trying to forget and get things out of my mind." - Brian Eno
Harvard Business Review author Amy Gallo expresses that one of the best ways to learn something new is to teach it to someone else. It also helps to reflect on what you learn along the way.Harvard Business Review
32. "Without experimentation, a willingness to as and try new things, we shall surely become static, repetitive, and moribund." - Anthony Bourdain
33. "To live an art-filled life, one must be willing to try new things & accept that things change." - Lee Hammond
34. "If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good." - Dr. Seuss
35. "It is only by trying new things that we can hope to create products that are original. Don't just say those words; act like you believe them." - Ed Catmull
A survey found that Gen-Z is the generational group that enjoys doing something new the most, while baby boomers enjoyed doing new things the least.Statista
How do you try new things?
Think of something you've never done and choose to make time for it. It doesn't have to be anything too challenging. The important thing is that you do something new.
Is trying new things good?
If you're in a relationship, research has shown it makes you and your partner happier too. There's a number of benefits you can gain from trying something new.
How can I stop being afraid of trying new things?
The best way to stop is just by doing something new. Think of it as exposure therapy. The more you do something new, the less you'll be afraid to try new things.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy can also be helpful in minimizing any anxiety about any new thing you do. Remember that in the end, doing something new, even if it makes you nervous, can help make your life more joyful.
I hope these quotes inspire you to do more new things.