These country music trivia questions will show how much of a country music fan you are. Country is one of the most popular genres of music today.
Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, and so many other talented artists entertain fans with their songs. These country music trivia questions will test your knowledge of all the greats.
Ready to see how we roll? Then check out our country music trivia questions. If you enjoy our country music trivia, you might also like our:
- 80s music trivia
- 90s Music Trivia
- Christmas Song Trivia
- Christmas Carol Trivia
- Music Trivia
- Classic Rock Trivia
- Hip Hop Trivia
- Rap Trivia
- Rock and Roll Trivia
- Taylor Swift Trivia
- U2 Trivia
- Classical Music Trivia
Country Music Trivia
1. Miley Cyrus is the daughter of which famous country singer?
2. Who is the best-selling country musician of all time?
3. In which U.S. city is the Country Music Hall of Fame located?
4. In what decade was country music invented?
5. Where in the U.S. is recognized as the birthplace of country music?
6. Who is the iconic country music artist who wrote two best-selling albums while in prison?
7. What were country songs referred to as in the 1920s?
8. Who was the first country music artist to have a nationwide hit song?
9. Which country music artist is considered the “King of Country”?
10. In the beginning, country music was commonly played on the accordion, banjo, and what other musical instrument?
11. Which country music artist wrote the theme song for the popular TV show “Dukes of Hazard”?
12. “Taking The Long Way” won Album of the Year in 2007. Which country band created this album?
13. Which female country star is known as the “Queen of Country Pop”?
14. What is the name of Dolly Parton’s first hit single?
15. In what year did Reba McEntire release her first hit song “I Don’t Want To Be A One Night Stand”?
16. How many of Taylor Swift’s albums are country music?
17. Who was the first woman to ever win the Country Music Entertainer of the Year award?
18. In what year did Johnny Cash write his popular song “Ring of Fire”?
19. Which country music star rose to fame after winning season four of American Idol?
20. In what year did CMT air the first-ever country music video?
21. Which female country singer first sang “I Will Always Love You”, a song that later became one of Whitney Houston’s top hits?
22. Which female country star had 14 of her songs banned on the radio?
23. In which U.S. state was country music star Luke Combs born?
24. Which country music star wrote the hit song “Austin”?
25. In what year was country music artist Kenny Chesney born?
26. Which legendary musician sang the country song “Heartbreak Hotel”?
27. What is the name of Faith Hill’s best-selling album?
28. Which female musician, born in 1932, was one of the first to cross over from country music to pop?
29. Which country music artist has an amusement park named after them?
30. In what year was the Country Music Association formed?
31. Which song made Shania Twain an international star?
32. Who was the first female artist in country music to have her debut single reach number 1?
33. What was Johnny Cash’s backup band called?
34. Who holds the record for the most Country Music Association Awards won?
35. Who is the highest selling female country music artist of all time?
36. What is Hank Williams Sr.’s real name?
37. Who sang “I Will Always Love You” before Whitney Houston’s famous cover?
38. What was the name of Willie Nelson’s first album?
39. Who wrote Patsy Cline’s hit “Crazy”?
40. What was Loretta Lynn’s first number one hit?
41. What country music superstar got his start as a member of the band Pure Prairie League?
42. What country artist has a degree in Chemical Engineering?
43. Which country artist has been famously married to his high school sweetheart since 1986?
44. Who was the first country artist to sell over 10 million copies of an album?
45. Who was the youngest singer to be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry?
46. Who was the first African-American to perform at the Grand Ole Opry?v
47. Which country singer was a professional football player before becoming a musician?
48. Who wrote “The Gambler” made famous by Kenny Rogers?
49. What country artist has a bar named after them in Nashville, Tennessee?
50. Who was the first artist to cross over from country to pop, paving the way for future country-pop crossovers?
51. Which country music star is also an accomplished pilot?
52. What famous bluegrass musician was known for his virtuosic style of banjo playing?
53.What country singer starred in the 1969 film “True Grit”?
54. What’s the name of the country music band that was originally composed of a mother and her daughters?
55. Who was known as the “Man in Black” in country music?
56. Which country artist had a successful comedy career before breaking into music?
57. Who was the first country artist to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
58. Who sang the iconic country song “He Stopped Loving Her Today”?
59. Who wrote and sang “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”?
60. Which country artist was a judge on “American Idol”?
61. What country singer wrote the hit song “Live Like You Were Dying”?
62. Who is the “Red-Headed Stranger” in country music?
63. Who wrote and performed the hit country song “Friends in Low Places”?
64. Who was the original lead singer of the country band Alabama?
65. Which famous country singer owns a chain of chicken restaurants?
66. What was Johnny Cash’s first number one hit?
67. Who was the first female country singer to win a Grammy award?
68. Who wrote the country song “Jolene”?
69. What band was originally known as “Wild Country”?
70. What was Tammy Wynette’s biggest hit?
71. Who wrote the song “Ring of Fire”?
72. Which country singer was known for his Nudie suits?
73. Who was known as the “Silver Fox” in country music?
74. Which country star made a cameo in the movie “The Blues Brothers”?
75. What country star won the fourth season of “American Idol”?
76. Who had the first number-one country hit with “I Forgot to Remember to Forget”?
77. Which country star famously lived in a house called “Graceland”?
78. What artist’s first hit was “Your Cheatin’ Heart”?
79. Who was the first person to win the CMA Entertainer of the Year award twice?
80. What was Reba McEntire’s first number one hit?
81. Which country star is known for his yodeling?
82. Who was the first country artist to host Saturday Night Live?
83. Who released the hit country song “Amarillo by Morning”?
84. What country music legend has a museum dedicated to them in Nashville, Tennessee?
85. What famous country song was originally written for the movie “The Bodyguard”?
86. Who is the youngest member ever inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame?
87. Who was known as the “First Lady of Country Music”?
88. Which country music star was also a professional baseball player?
89. Who sang the song “Okie from Muskogee”?
90. Which country star was born in New Zealand?
91. What famous country song tells the story of a prison inmate on a train going by a rich man’s farm?
92. Who is the best-selling solo artist in the history of American music, in any genre?
93. What country artist was known for his “talking blues” style?
94. What country singer was originally a disc jockey before he started making music?
95. Who is the first female artist to win the Country Music Association’s Entertainer of the Year award twice?
96. What was the first country song to win Song of the Year at the Grammy Awards?
97. Who was the first country artist to perform at the Hollywood Bowl?
98. What famous country song is about a gambler who imparts wisdom on a train ride?
99. Who wrote the song “Whiskey Lullaby”?
100. Which country star’s real name is Audrey Perry?
101. What country music star was a former boxer?
102. Who was the host of “Hee Haw”?
103. What famous country song was originally written for Elvis Presley but became a hit for Patsy Cline?
104. What was the first country song to be awarded Song of the Year by the Grammy Awards?
105. Who is the most awarded artist in the history of the Academy of Country Music?
106. Which country artist had their own television variety show in the 1970s?
107. Who was the first country artist to win a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award?
108. Who sang the country hit “Coal Miner’s Daughter”?
109. Which country music star was nicknamed “The Possum”?
110. Who released the hit song “Islands in the Stream”?
111. What was the name of the first country music radio show?
112. Who is the best selling country music artist of the 21st century?
113. Which country music star had his acting debut in “The Electric Horseman”?
114. What was the first country music video to be played on MTV?
115. Who was the first female country singer to have a number one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart?
116. Which country music star founded the “Farm Aid” benefit concert?
117. Who was the first country artist to sell out Madison Square Garden?
118. Which country star recorded the soundtrack for the film “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”?
119. Who was the first country music star to appear on the cover of “Rolling Stone” magazine?
120. Who was the first woman to win the CMA award for Single of the Year?
121. Which country singer was once a professional bull rider?
122. What was the first country song to win a Grammy?
123. Who was the first country artist to win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
124. Which country star has had a hit in six different decades?
125. Who was the first country artist to be featured on a postage stamp?