Christmas is one of the most celebrated times of the year. You can enjoy celebrating it with these Christmas song trivia questions and answers.
One of the most fun parts of the holiday season is the music. Our Christmas song trivia questions will bring back all the musical memories you had growing up.
See if you remember who sung “Santa Baby” or where “Silent Night” originated. Are you ready to test your Christmas music knowledge?
Then enjoy trying out our Christmas song trivia. If you enjoy these questions, check out our:
Christmas Song Trivia Questions And Answers
1. How many reindeer are there in “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”?
2. In “Frosty the Snowman” what brings Frosty to life?
3. What is the Grinch referred to as in his song?
4. In which 2003 film do they sing “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” to spread belief in Santa and save Christmas?
5. What is the song “Jingle Bells” about?
6. “Santa Baby” was sung by which musician in 1953?
7. In “A Holly Jolly Christmas” the singer says to have a cup of what?
8. Which 1990 film is credited with popularizing “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”?
9. Which popular Christmas carol is based on a French love poem?
10. The earliest recorded version of “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town” was in what year?
11. Which Christmas song was one of the first songs to broadcast from space?
12. In what country did the song “Silent Night” originate?
13. In the song “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” what did Grandma drink too much of?
14. What is the name of the Christmas song released by Ariana Grande in 2013?
15. According to the “Mr. Grinch” song, the Grinch has what in his teeth?
16. During the “Twelve Days of Christmas” what gift is given on the 8th day?
17. Which Christmas song has the lyrics “heaven and nature sing”?
18. On which day in the “Twelve Days of Christmas” is gold rings given as a gift?
19. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” was first recorded in which year?
20. Which Canadian musician released an album called “Christmas” in 2011?
21. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” was first recorded by who?
22. Which famous musician released a song called “Mistletoe” in 2011?
23. Which Christmas song is the most recorded, with over 500 recorded versions of it?
24. Which female musician is called the “Queen of Christmas”?
25. Which pop duo sang the song “Last Christmas”?
26. Who recorded “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” in 1958?
27. What is the name of the Christmas song released by Bobby Helms in 1957?
28. “Let It Snow” was written during what in California?
29. “The Little Drummer Boy” was first recorded in 1951 by who?
30. “Step Into Christmas” was released in 1973 by which famous musician?
31. In 2000, Faith Hill released a Christmas song titled what?
32. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” was most famously covered by which band?
33. “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” is a song from which Christmas-themed play?
34. What was the first Spanish language Christmas song to become popular in the U.S.?
35. What did the other reindeer refuse to let Rudolph do in the song “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”?
36. Who wrote the song “White Christmas”?
37. Which Christmas song contains the lyric, “Later on, we’ll conspire, as we dream by the fire”?
38. Which popular Christmas song was actually written for Thanksgiving?
39. Who performed the famous song “Blue Christmas”?
41. Who composed the music for “The Nutcracker”?
42. “All I Want for Christmas is You” is a hit Christmas song by which artist?
43. Who sang “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” for charity in 1984?
44. Which Christmas song contains the lyrics “In the meadow we can build a snowman, Then pretend that he is Parson Brown”?
45. Who originally recorded “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”?
46. Which rock band recorded “Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24”?
47. Which country-pop artist released “Hard Candy Christmas”?
48. Which popular Christmas song was originally composed for the opera Hansel and Gretel?
49. Which British comedy actor had a Christmas number one in the UK with “Ernie (The Fastest Milkman in the West)”?
50. Which Christmas song includes the lyrics “Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet”?
51. Who had a hit with “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” in 1971?
52. In what year was “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” first recorded?
53. “Fairytale of New York” is a popular Christmas song by which band?
54. Who wrote and first performed the song “Frosty the Snowman”?
55. Which song opens with the line, “You better watch out, You better not cry”?
56. What Christmas song was introduced in the movie “Meet Me in St. Louis”?
57. What Christmas song was a hit for both Eagles and Charles Brown?
58. Which band performed “Christmas in Hollis”?
59. What is the English title of the Christmas carol “Adeste Fideles”?
60. “The Christmas Song” is more commonly known by what line?
61. What Christmas song contains the lyric “From now on, our troubles will be out of sight”?
62. Who wrote and first performed the song “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”?
63. Which band performed the song “Christmas Is All Around” for the movie “Love Actually”?
64. Who performed the Christmas song “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!”?
65. Which Christmas song was written during the Cuban Missile Crisis as a plea for peace?
66. Which American new wave band released the song “Christmas Wrapping”?
67. What Christmas song was written as a gift from a department store to its customers?
68. What is the name of the song from the animated television special “A Charlie Brown Christmas”?
69. What Christmas song contains the lyric “I don’t want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need”?
70. Which classic Christmas song was written during a heatwave as a way for the songwriter to cool off?
71. Who sings the Christmas song “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”?
72. Who wrote the song “Sleigh Ride”?
73. What band sings the song “Christmas Time”?
74. Who sings “Underneath the Tree”?
75. Which band sings “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”?
76. Who sings the song “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”?
77. Who wrote the song “Carol of the Bells”?
78. What is the name of the song that goes “pa rum pum pum pum”?
79. What Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in 1857?
80. Who originally sang “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer”?
81. What band sang “Merry Xmas Everybody”?
82. Which song is the oldest known Christmas song?
83. What popular Christmas song was written in a car on the way to a publisher’s office?
84. Who originally recorded “Here Comes Santa Claus”?
85. Who wrote the song “O Holy Night”?
86. What popular Christmas song was written by a Jewish songwriter?
87. Who originally performed “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”?
88. What 1973 Christmas hit song was written as a protest against the commercialization of Christmas?
89. Which band had a hit with “I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday” in 1973?
90. Who wrote the song “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!”?
91. What Christmas song contains the lyric “It doesn’t show signs of stopping, And I’ve brought some corn for popping”?
92. Who sings the song “This Christmas”?
93. Who originally performed “Silver Bells”?
94. What band released the song “Father Christmas” in 1977?
95. Which Christmas song was originally banned by the Catholic Church in Boston because it didn’t explicitly mention Christmas?
96. Who originally recorded “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”?
97. Which Christmas song was written during the Great Depression as a way to lift people’s spirits?
98. Who wrote the song “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”?
99. Who originally recorded “A Holly Jolly Christmas”?
100. Who sings “Christmas Canon”?
101. Who originally sang “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas”?
102. Who originally sang “Merry Christmas Darling”?
103. Who wrote and sang “Wonderful Christmastime”?
104. What band released “Don’t Shoot Me Santa”?
105. Who originally recorded “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”?
106. Who wrote the song “Do You Hear What I Hear”?