These Thanksgiving trivia questions and answers will be fun for the whole family at the dinner table. The fourth Thursday of November is a big day for travel, turkey, and football.
You can kick off your turkey day festivities with some good old Thanksgiving trivia questions. Gathering with different family and friends can sometimes create awkward and uncomfortable conversations.
Fortunately, there’s a survival guide for that. But awkwardness can also be eliminated through some fun. Try out these Thanksgiving trivia questions and answers.
If you like our Thanksgiving trivia questions, check out our Black Friday, Christmas, and New Years Trivia.
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions And Answers
1. Most of what we know about the first Thanksgiving comes from a letter written by which colonist?
2. How long did the first Thanksgiving feast last?
4. What day of the week is Thanksgiving celebrated in the United States?
5. Which U.S. President unofficially was the first to ever pardon a turkey?
6. In what year was the first Thanksgiving NFL game held?
7. Which U.S. President declared Thanksgiving would be celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November?
8. Which U.S. President refused to celebrate Thanksgiving as a national holiday?
9. In which month is the first Thanksgiving believed to have taken place?
10. What year was the first ever Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade?
11. The turducken is believed to have originated in which U.S. city?
12. Which U.S. town once postponed their Thanksgiving celebration due to a delay in molasses shipment, without which they could not make pumpkin pies?
13. What other country neighboring the United States celebrates Thanksgiving?
14. In what year did the first Turkey Trot occur?
15. Approximately what percentage of Americans prefer eating Thanksgiving leftovers to the actual Thanksgiving dinner?
16. In which month does Canada celebrate their Thanksgiving?
17. Which holiday, aside from Black Friday, occurs the day after Thanksgiving?
18. What is the average lifespan of a wild turkey?
19. Approximately how many pumpkin pies are eaten every year on Thanksgiving?
20. Thanksgiving is commonly known by what other name?
21. According to the National Turkey Federation, how many turkeys do Americans consume every year for Thanksgiving?
22. In what year did the first Thanksgiving feast take place?
23. What is the average weight of turkeys purchased for Thanksgiving?
24. Which U.S. city hosts the “National Day of Mourning” to celebrate the Indigenous people who died because of European settlers?
25. Approximately how many feathers does a mature turkey have?
26. Which movie is considered the best Thanksgiving movie of all time?
27. What meat is commonly eaten as an alternative to turkey on Thanksgiving?
28. Green bean casserole is considered a staple of Thanksgiving by many Americans. Which famous soup company is credited with developing the recipe?
29. In what year was the first Thanksgiving celebrated?
30. Which U.S. president declared Thanksgiving a national holiday?
31. Which ship transported the Pilgrims to the New World?
32. What Indian tribe taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land?
33. What meat did the Pilgrims not serve at the first Thanksgiving?
34. Which state was the first to adopt an annual Thanksgiving holiday?
35. Which utensil was not used by the Pilgrims during the first Thanksgiving?
36. Which president tried to change the date of Thanksgiving to the third Thursday of November?
37. What popular Thanksgiving food was not present at the first feast?
38. What is a male turkey called?
39. Which department store held the first Thanksgiving parade?
40. How many pilgrims were present at the first Thanksgiving?
41. What is the wobbly red piece on the turkey’s neck called?
42. Which bird Benjamin Franklin preferred as the national bird over the eagle?
43. What are baby turkeys called?
44. Which U.S. state raises the most turkeys annually?
45. What vegetable were Native Americans growing long before the Pilgrims arrived?
46. How did the Pilgrims know where to land when they reached the New World?
47. Which sauce, often associated with Thanksgiving, is made from small red berries?
48. What is the name of the fairy tale character known to have worn buckles on his shoes, often mistakenly associated with the Pilgrims?
49. Which state first adopted Thanksgiving in 1830?
50. How many days did it take the Mayflower to travel from England to the New World?
51. What is the Friday after Thanksgiving popular for in the U.S.?
52. What NFL teams traditionally play on Thanksgiving Day?
53. Which food was served at the first Thanksgiving but is not typically eaten today?
54. What is the name given to the last Wednesday before Thanksgiving, known for being one of the busiest travel days of the year?
55. Which magazine has published Thanksgiving-themed covers since its inception in the early 20th century?
56. How many tons of sweet potatoes are produced in the U.S. each year?
57. In which century did the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade begin?
58. Which Native American was an English speaker and helped the Pilgrims?
59. Which U.S. president refused to declare Thanksgiving as a holiday?
60. Which animal did the Wampanoag bring to the first Thanksgiving?
61. Which mythological character is sometimes associated with cornucopia, a symbol of abundance?
62. Which parade, held in New York City, has become a staple of Thanksgiving celebrations?
63. Which pie is the second most popular during Thanksgiving after pumpkin pie?
64. What percentage of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving?
65. What was the main method of cooking the turkey at the first Thanksgiving?
66. Which city in Texas has the same name as a famous Thanksgiving side dish?
67. In the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special, who cooks toast and popcorn for the meal?
68. What is the busiest travel day of the year in the U.S.?
69. Which Broadway musical features a song about the annual Macy’s parade?
70. Which president is believed to have been the first to pardon a turkey and start this annual tradition?
71. What substance in turkey is believed to make people sleepy?