Besides gifts and cookies, one thing that can make a family Christmas party fun is a game. These 87 Christmas trivia questions and answers will quiz you on how much you know about this festive time.
The holidays often remind us of fond memories from our childhood. You might remember candy canes, stockings, ornaments, and lots of other things. Our Christmas trivia questions and answers will cover popular holiday folklore, movies, songs, and lots of other interesting stuff.
Have fun finding out things you never knew related to December 25th. Here are 60 Christmas trivia questions and answers. If you enjoy our Christmas trivia, check out our Catholic Trivia, Bible Trivia, A Christmas Story Trivia, Thanksgiving and Ash Wednesday trivia.
Christmas Trivia Questions And Answers
1. Egg nog is also commonly known as what?
2. In “A Christmas Carol,” Scrooge is visited by how many ghosts?
3. What drink and food get left out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
4. In the Bible, where was baby Jesus born?
5. Where is Santa Claus said to live?
6. Which famous Whoville character is known for stealing all the presents from under the Christmas tree?
7. Which country began the tradition of putting up the Christmas Tree?
8. Which Christmas song by Bing Cosby is the best-selling of all time?
9. What is Mr. Scrooge’s first name in “A Christmas Carol”?
10. What U.S. President had his own recipe for eggnog?
11. What is the name of the first Christmas movie ever made, which debuted in 1898?
12. What percentage of Americans are willing to go into debt to buy Christmas presents?
13. Which company created an ad in 1931 that is credited with popularizing the red suit for Santa Claus?
14. Christmas is associated with which pagan holiday?
15. What day is National Candy Cane Day?
16. What is the name of the main character in the 2003 Christmas film “Elf”?
17. According to a 2019 survey by the American Christmas Tree Association, how many households in the U.S. had a Christmas tree in their home?
18. In a popular Christmas song, Santa Claus is seen kissing who under the mistletoe?
19. Which popular Christmas song was originally written as a song about Thanksgiving?
20. What is the estimated total amount spent on unwanted gifts for Christmas?
21. “A Christmas Carol” was originally a novel written by who?
22. What is the title of the 2004 animated Christmas film starring Tom Hanks?
23. Rudolph was picked on by the other reindeer for what reason?
24. What is the name of the snowman who came to life?
25. What real-life department store is featured in the Christmas film “A Miracle on 34th Street”?
26. In what year did “A Charlie Brown Christmas” air?
27. What is another well-known name for Santa Claus?
28. What is the name of the Christmas song famously performed by Elvis Presley?
29. What country is eggnog believed to originate from?
30. In “Frosty the Snowman,” what made him come to life and dance around?
31. How many reindeer does Santa have?
32. What is the name of the Pumpkin King in Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas”?
33. Which tradition of counting down the days to Christmas can be traced back to Germany in 1903?
34. How many gifts are given in “The Twelve Days of Christmas”?
36. How many of Santa’s reindeer have a name that begins with D?
37. The famous poem “Twas the Night Before Christmas” was written by who?
38. The viewing of which play is one of the oldest Christmas traditions?
39. The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336 AD, during the time of which Roman Emperor?
40. The first commercial Christmas card was created in London in what year?
41. In the song ‘Frosty the Snowman’, what made Frosty come to life?
42. What Christmas-themed ballet premiered in Saint Petersburg, Russia in 1892?
43. What figure from English folklore came to be associated with Santa Claus?
44. In which modern-day country was Saint Nicholas born?
45. Which country gifts a Christmas tree to London every year?
46. In Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’, who was Scrooge’s dead business partner?
47. Which real-life person is Santa Claus based on?
48. What well-known Christmas carol became the first song ever broadcast from space in 1965?
49. What traditional Christmas decoration is actually a parasitic plant?
50. In what country is it a tradition to eat KFC for Christmas dinner?
51. Which famous scientist was born on Christmas Day, 1642?
52. What is the name of the red-nosed reindeer?
53. What holiday movie sequel includes a cameo by Donald Trump?
54. In ‘Home Alone’, where are the McCallisters going on vacation when they leave Kevin behind?
55. What words follow ‘Silent Night’ in the song?
56. In the movie ‘Elf’, what was the first rule of The Code of Elves?
57. What is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’?
58. What color is the Grinch in Dr. Seuss’ ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’?
59. What did the other reindeer not let Rudolph do because of his shiny red nose?
60. What Christmas decoration was originally made from strands of silver?
61. Who wrote, ‘Christmas doesn’t come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more’?
62. In what decade did NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command, formerly CONAD) start tracking Santa on Christmas Eve?
63. What is Ralphie’s little brother’s name in the movie ‘A Christmas Story’?
64. What’s the name of the main villain in ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’?
65. What did the Three Wise Men give Jesus on Christmas?
66. In ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’, who builds a gray snowman?
67. What is the name of the last ghost that visits Scrooge in ‘A Christmas Carol’?
68. What are you supposed to do when you find yourself under the mistletoe?
69. Which country started the tradition of exchanging gifts?
70. What is the highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time?
71. Who was the star of the Christmas movie ‘Jingle All the Way’?
72. In ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’, what does Clark Griswold get as a Christmas bonus?
73. What fruit is used to make a traditional Christingle?
74. Which famous Christmas song begins with the lyrics, ‘The mood is right, the spirit’s up’?
75. In the 12 days of Christmas, what is given on the 7th day?
76. What is the name of the cake traditionally eaten in Italy at Christmas?
77. What is the name of Scrooge’s clerk in ‘A Christmas Carol’?
78. In ‘The Muppet Christmas Carol’, who played Scrooge?
79. What peppermint candy is popular during Christmas?
80. Which Christmas carol includes the lyrics ‘O tidings of comfort and joy’?
81. In what country is the Poinsettia, with its red and green foliage, a popular Christmas decoration?
82. What is the name of the skin that hangs from a turkey’s neck?
83. Which Christmas song’s second verse begins with ‘See the blazing Yule before us’?
84. Who composed the music for ‘The Nutcracker’?
85. In ‘The Grinch Who Stole Christmas’, what biological shortcoming made the Grinch so mean?
86. In what country did Silent Night originate?
87. Who wrote the song ‘Here Comes Santa Claus’?