These pop culture trivia questions and answers will test you on popular things today. Pop Culture is constantly evolving and has different meanings for each generation.
Our pop culture trivia questions will test you on entertainment from movies to TV. Friends, family, and trivia enthusiasts alike can see how much they keep up with celebrity news.
Ready to see how much you keep up with? Then check out our pop culture trivia. If you enjoy our pop culture trivia, check out our Fashion Trivia, Gen Z Trivia, celebrity, Harry Styles Trivia, movie, birthday trivia and tv trivia.
Pop Culture Trivia Questions And Answers
1. Which musician has won the award for Top Female Artist four times?
2. Which of Katy Perry’s albums has been her most successful?
3. What is the 1980 horror film that holds the Guinness World Record for most retakes of a single scene?
4. Which musician was known as the “King of Pop”?
5. Who is the antagonist in the 1988 film “Die Hard”?
6. What is Lady Gaga’s real first name?
7. Which member of One Direction left the band to become a solo artist?
8. What film did the phrase “I see dead people” come from?
9. Which famous musician released the song “24K Magic” in 2016?
10. What is the name of the holiday in June meant to celebrate The Beatles?
11. What was the first Disney full-length film that used computer-generated animation?
12. “A Song of Ice and Fire” is the novel that which popular TV series is based?
13. Which female artist is often referred to as the “Princess of Pop”?
14. What was Prince’s signature song?
15. Which musician is the most nominated woman at the Grammy Awards?
16. Which female artist was born as Destiny Hope?
17. Which Disney princess was Walt Disney’s favorite?
18. In what year was the first James Bond film released?
19. Which of Stephen King’s novels was the first to be adapted into a film?
20. What is Marilyn Monroe’s real name?
21. What was Netflix’s most streamed show in 2020?
22. What year was the first Harry Potter book published?
23. In what year was YouTube created?
24. Who is Marvel’s first superhero in the comic books?
25. What is the name of Superman’s love interest?
26. In which U.S. city did the first Starbucks open?
27. Who has the best-selling album by a girl group?
28. What was Ed Sheeran’s first hit song?
29. Which female artist released the song “Summertime Sadness”?
30. Which male artist has received 14 titles in the Guinness World Records?
31. Who is the South Korean pop artist who released “Gangnam Style” in 2012?
32. What was the first major motion picture to be shot on the open ocean?
33. Which Indiana Jones movie was the third to be released in 1989?
34. What is the name of the female character in the video game “Tomb Raider”?
35. Which Harry Potter movie is the highest grossing of all the films?
36. Which film follows the story of three black women working at NASA?
37. Which Disney princess was originally intended to be a villain?
38. Which American girl group released the song “Survivor”?
39. Which Queen song was the first to become a No. 1 hit in America?
40. Who was the season one winner of “American Idol”?
41. Which 1977 film was the first to make over $500 million worldwide during its initial release?
42. Who is the actress who starred in the “Resident Evil” trilogy?
43. Which actor was offered the role of Jack Dawson in “Titanic” but turned it down?
44. In what year was the first “Godfather” film released?
45. Which actress plays Alex in the 2000 “Charlie’s Angels” film?
46. What was the first Disney film made that wasn’t based on an existing story?
47. What is the name of the mountain in “Lord of the Rings” which the One Ring must be thrown into?
48. What is the 1985 classic film where the phrase “Hey you guys!” came from?
49. Which 1993 film was Steven Spielberg’s most commercially successful movie?
50. According to Billboard, who is the best-selling boy band of all time?
51. What was Olivia Rodrigo’s first No. 1 hit single?
52. Which “Friends” character appeared in the most episodes, outside of the six main characters?
53. What is the most expensive Pokemon card?
54. Who was awarded a Guinness World Record for purchasing the most expensive Pokemon card?
55. Who was the most Google-searched person in 2022?
56. What is the name of the parallel universe in the popular Netflix show Stranger Things?
57. What is Eleven’s favorite food in Stranger Things?
58. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, what is the name of Thor’s hammer?
59. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, what is the name of the infinity stone implanted in Vision’s forehead?
61. What is the real name of Iron Man in the Marvel Universe?
62. What 2013 movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture?
63. Who played James Bond in the 2021 film “No Time to Die”?
64. Which artist is famous for her 2008 album “Fearless”?
65. Who created the comic strip “The Far Side”?
66. What year was Netflix founded?
67. Which artist recorded the hit 2018 song “God’s Plan”?
68. Who directed the movie “Pulp Fiction”?
69. What is the highest grossing film of all time?
70. Who is known as the “Queen of Soul”?
71. Who starred as Walter White in the TV series “Breaking Bad”?
72. Which rapper was formerly known as Sean Combs?
73. Which American sitcom features the characters Ross, Rachel, Chandler, Monica, Joey, and Phoebe?
74. Who played the role of Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
75. Who wrote the song “Imagine”?
76. What is the longest-running scripted TV show in the U.S.?
77. Who is the creator of the Star Wars franchise?
78. Who is the lead singer of U2?
79. Who played the character Forrest Gump?
80. Which TV show follows the lives of the Crawley family and their servants in the early 20th century?
81. Who was the first woman to win an Oscar for Best Director?
82. Who played Jack Dawson in “Titanic”?
83. What is the highest-selling album of all time?
84. Who created the animated series “Family Guy”?
85. What novel did the TV series “The Handmaid’s Tale” originate from?
86. What is Madonna’s full name?
87. Who wrote the novel “The Da Vinci Code”?
88. Which sitcom popularized the phrase “Bazinga”?
89. Who won an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in “Joker” (2019)?
90. Which superhero is Diana Prince better known as?
91. What pop artist is known for his “drip paintings”?
92. Who directed “The Shape of Water”, which won the Best Picture Oscar in 2018?
93. Who is the protagonist in “The Hunger Games” series?
94. Who played the role of Luke Skywalker in “Star Wars”?
95. Who composed the music for “The Lion King” (1994)?
96. Who wrote the book “To Kill a Mockingbird”?
97. Who directed “Jurassic Park”?
98. What popular TV show features the character Sheldon Cooper?
99. Who starred as Tony Stark’s father in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
100. Who is the current host of the TV show “Jeopardy!”?
101. Who was the first woman to host a late-night TV show on a major network in the United States?
102. Who played the role of Michael Scott in the US version of “The Office”?
103. What 1999 movie made the phrase “I see dead people” famous?
104. Who wrote the theme song for the James Bond film “Skyfall”?
105. Who created the TV series “Stranger Things”?
106. Who played the role of Deadpool in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
107. Which band released the album “Dark Side of the Moon”?
108. Who directed the movie “The Dark Knight”?
109. Which TV show features characters named Sam and Dean Winchester?
110. Who wrote and directed the film “Get Out”?
111. What was the first feature-length animated movie ever released?
112. Who played the character Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
113. Who directed “Parasite”, the first non-English language film to win the Best Picture Oscar?
114. Which English rock band is known for songs like “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “We Will Rock You”?
115. Who played the character Hermione Granger in the “Harry Potter” film series?
116. What is the name of the spaceship in “Star Trek”?
117. Who played the role of Don Draper in the TV series “Mad Men”?
118. Which actor starred in the 2012 movie “Lincoln”?
119. What TV show is set in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana?
120. Who is the lead vocalist of the band Coldplay?
121. Who played the Joker in the 2008 film “The Dark Knight”?
122. Who wrote the novel “The Catcher in the Rye”?
123. Who composed the music for the “Star Wars” films?
124. What is the real name of Lady Gaga?
125. Who played the character Eleven in the Netflix series “Stranger Things”?
126. Who created the animated television show “South Park”?
127. Who is the voice of Woody in “Toy Story”?
128. Who wrote the novel “Gone Girl”?
129. What band is known for their hit song “Hotel California”?
130. What is the real name of the superhero Batman?
131. What was the name of Ross’s pet monkey in “Friends”?
132. What is the name of the coffee shop in the TV show “Friends”?
133. Who directed the 2017 film “Dunkirk”?
134. Who played Han Solo in the “Star Wars” films?
135. Who wrote the novel “The Great Gatsby”?
136. Who played the role of Tony Soprano in the HBO series “The Sopranos”?
137. What is the name of Sherlock Holmes’s sidekick?
138. Who played the role of Clarice Starling in the film “The Silence of the Lambs”?
139. What was the first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
140. Who played the role of Lara Croft in the “Tomb Raider” films?
141. Who wrote the “Percy Jackson & The Olympians” book series?
142. Who directed “The Godfather” trilogy?
143. What is the real name of the superhero Spider-Man?
144. Who wrote the novel “Pride and Prejudice”?
145. Who composed the score for the movie “Inception”?
146. Who created the TV show “The Sopranos”?
148. Who played Neo in “The Matrix”?
149. Who created the TV series “The Wire”?
150. Who wrote “1984” and “Animal Farm”?
151. Who starred as Captain Jack Harkness in “Doctor Who” and “Torchwood”?
152. What band was known as “The Fab Four”?
- 60 New Year’s Trivia Questions And Answers
- Winter Trivia Questions And Answers (2022)
- Kwanzaa Trivia Questions And Answers (2022)
- Holiday Trivia Questions And Answers (2022)