Many of us grew up having fun playing video games. Let your childhood memories help you with these video game trivia questions and answers.
Our video game trivia includes questions on some classic characters like Mario and Donkey Kong. You’ll also learn interesting history about companies such as Nintendo and PlayStation.
Are you ready to test your knowledge on consoles? Then try out our fun video game trivia. If you like our video game trivia, you can try out our Pokemon Trivia, Batman Trivia, FF14 Trivia, Walking Dead Trivia, Who’s That Pokemon Trivia, Super Mario Trivia, Fortnite Trivia, League of Legends Trivia, Nintendo Trivia, Overwatch Trivia, World of Warcraft Trivia, Computer Trivia, Board Game Trivia, Nerd Trivia, Roblox Trivia and Minecraft Trivia.
Video Game Trivia Questions And Answers
1. What game did Mario first appear in?
2. What product did Nintendo first start selling?
3. Which video game villain is nicknamed King Koopa?
4. Who is Jack Mitchell’s best friend in “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare?”
5. What is the highest-grossing arcade game of all time?
6. Is Yoshi a dinosaur or a frog?
7. What legendary Eagles quarterback is on the cover of Madden 06?
8. When is the first video game believed to have been created?
9. Who is the protagonist in Legenda of Zelda?
10. What’s the best-selling video game console of all time that sold over 155 million consoles worldwide?
11. Which console came first, N64, Sega Saturn, or PlayStation?
12. What popular 90’s fighting game eventually became a movie?
13. What type of Pokemon is Pikachu?
14. How does Pikachu evolve, what does it become?
15. What is the popular racing game that includes Nintendo characters?
16. What video game was promoted in a commercial featuring the song “Happy Together” by the Turtles?
17. What orange furry character was a mascot for Playstation?
18. Who is the love interest of Mario?
19. What is the highest selling X-box game?
20. Who was the mascot of Sega?
21. Who is Sonic’s sidekick?
22. When was the Nintendo Entertainment System released?
23. What year was the first X-box console released?
24. What was the original name of Mario?
25. What was the first handheld game console made by Nintendo?
26. What female video game character would eventually be portrayed by Angelina Jolie in a movie?
27. What Mortal Kombat character has the power to control lightning?
28. What was the last Sega console?
29. What’s the most expensive video game ever produced?
30. What handheld gaming system is the best-selling of all time?
31. What is the name of the popular purple creature that was a mascot for PlayStation?
32. Which fighting game was released first, Street Fighter or Tekken?
33. What N64 popular game featuring a bear with a red bird was released in 1998?
34. What was the first console released by Nintendo in the new millennium?
35. What is the name of the video game character that’s pink, round, and wears red shoes?
36. In “Dark Souls”, what’s the name of the infamous area known for its darkness and invisible paths?
37. Who is the composer of the iconic “Halo” theme song?
38. What real-life war was the “Call of Duty: Black Ops” series partially set in?
39. What is the maximum level a character can reach in “World of Warcraft” as of the “Shadowlands” expansion?
40. In the “Elder Scrolls” series, what is the name of the continent where all the games take place?
41. What is the name of the ancient civilization in “Assassin’s Creed” that created the Pieces of Eden?
42. What is the fictional language featured in “The Sims” series?
43. In “Undertale”, what is the name of the boss character that loves spaghetti and puzzles?
44. In the “Bioshock” series, what’s the name of the city under the sea?
45. Who is the final boss in “Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice”?
46. In the “Metal Gear Solid” series, what’s the full name of the protagonist?
47. In “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate”, which character was the last to be added as of September 2021?
48. What is the name of Geralt’s horse in “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt”?
49. What is the currency used in the “Final Fantasy” series?
50. What is the character Arthur Morgan diagnosed with in “Red Dead Redemption 2”?
51. In “Cyberpunk 2077”, who is the iconic rockstar played by Keanu Reeves?
52. What is the code name for the AI antagonist in “Portal”?
53. What’s the name of the sequel to “Half-Life”?
54. Who is the voice actor for Kratos in “God of War” (2018)?
55. In the “Mass Effect” trilogy, what is the name of the ship captained by Commander Shepard?
56. In “Death Stranding”, who plays the protagonist, Sam Porter Bridges?
57. Who developed the game “Cuphead”?
58. In “Undertale”, what is the name of the character who loves cooking shows and robot pop stars?
59. What’s the name of the sequel to “Hollow Knight”?
60. What company developed “Rocket League”?
61. In “Horizon Zero Dawn”, what’s the name of the tribe Aloy is a part of?
62. What’s the name of the town in “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”?
63. Who is the protagonist in “Control”?
64. In “Borderlands 2”, what’s the name of the antagonist?
65. Who is the main villain in “Dishonored”?
66. In the “Uncharted” series, who is Nathan Drake’s mentor?
67. In “Persona 5”, what’s the protagonist’s code name?
68. Who is the mascot of “SEGA”?
69. Who composed the music for the “Final Fantasy” series up to the ninth installment?
70. What was the first game in the “Metroid” series where Samus could freely aim in all directions?
71. What is the subtitle of the “Dragon Age” game released in 2014?
72. In “Final Fantasy VII”, who is Cloud’s childhood friend?
73. Who is the brother of Sweet Johnson, the leader of the Grove Street Families gang, in “Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas”?
74. In “Resident Evil 3: Nemesis”, what’s the name of the titular Nemesis?
75. In “Silent Hill 2”, who is the “woman in the room”?
76. In “Fallout: New Vegas”, who leads the New California Republic?
77. What is the name of the world in “Minecraft” where Endermen come from?
78. What’s the highest rank a player can achieve in competitive “Overwatch”?
79. In “Street Fighter II”, what’s the name of M. Bison’s special move?
80. What is the name of the fictional language spoken in “Shadow of the Colossus”?
81. Who is the main character in “Yakuza 0”?
82. In “Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII”, who is the main character?
83. In the “Metroid” series, what is the name of the species that adopted Samus?
84. In “Undertale”, what is the name of the character that wants to be your friend and can’t be killed?
85. Who is the creator of the “Final Fantasy” series?
86. In “The Last of Us”, what is the name of Ellie’s friend who gets infected at the beginning of the game?
87. In “Baldur’s Gate”, what is the name of the antagonist who is revealed to be your half-brother?
88. In “Monster Hunter: World”, what is the name of the new continent the Research Commission is investigating?
89. What is the name of the team behind the development of “Among Us”?
90. Who is the protagonist of the “Bayonetta” series?
91. In “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order”, who is the main protagonist?
92. In “Donkey Kong Country”, who is Donkey Kong’s sidekick?
93. Who is the composer behind the music of “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim”?
94. Who are the two main characters in “The Wolf Among Us”?
95. What is the highest possible score in a game of “Pac-Man”?
96. Who is the main antagonist in “Far Cry 3”?
97. Who is the main character in “Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice”?
98. In “Stardew Valley”, what is the name of the wizard living in the western corner of the map?
99. In “Super Mario Galaxy”, what is the name of the spaceship that Mario uses to travel between galaxies?
100. In “Earthbound”, who are the four main characters?
101. In “Diablo II”, what is the name of the angel who guides the player?
102. In the “Fallout” series, what is the name of the mascot character?
103. Who is the protagonist in “Bioshock Infinite”?
104. Who created the “Metal Gear” series?
105. In “Super Mario Bros. 3”, what item allows Mario to fly?
106. What is the name of the mythical sword that Link often wields in “The Legend of Zelda” series?
107. In “The Witcher 3”, what is the name of the castle where Geralt was trained?
108. In the original “Doom” game, what is the name of the moon base where the game takes place?
109. In the “Warcraft” series, what is the name of the orc who becomes the first Warchief of the Horde?
110. In “Mass Effect 2”, who is the Illusive Man voiced by?
111. What is the name of the indie game in which you control a hole in the ground?
112. In the “Castlevania” series, what is the name of Dracula’s son?
113. In “Resident Evil 4”, who is the president’s daughter that Leon has to rescue?
114. In “Death Stranding”, what is the name of the phenomenon that causes time-accelerating rain?
115. In “The Last of Us Part II”, who is the character seeking revenge on Ellie?
116. In “Horizon Zero Dawn”, who is the scientist responsible for creating Project Zero Dawn?
117. What is the name of the main character’s AI companion in “Halo”?
118. In the “Gears of War” series, what are the humanoid enemies called?
119. What is the name of the character who guides you through “Bioshock” and utters the famous line, “Would you kindly”?
120. Who is the voice actor for Marcus Fenix in the “Gears of War” series?
121. In “Borderlands”, what is the name of the planet where the game is set?
122. In “Street Fighter”, what country is Chun-Li from?
123. What is the name of the corporation that Samus Aran works for in the “Metroid” series?
124. In “Overwatch”, what is Tracer’s real name?
125. In “Silent Hill 2”, who is the mysterious woman that resembles James’ late wife?
126. In “Dishonored”, what is the name of the plague that has infested Dunwall?
127. In “The Binding of Isaac”, who is the final boss?
128. In the “Kingdom Hearts” series, who are Sora’s two main companions?
129. What game features a civilization of mushroom people called the Toads?
130. In “League of Legends”, what city-state is Lux from?
131. What was the first video game to be played in space?
132. Who is the main antagonist in “Outlast”?
133. In “Celeste”, what is the name of the mountain that Madeline is trying to climb?