Feel good with these summer trivia questions and answers. Summer is when the kids get out of school, and people go on vacation.
Our summer trivia questions will help you know almost everything about this season. Find out what the dog days of summer mean or what popular food-eating contest is held on the 4th of July.
1. What three months are a part of the meteorological summer season in the northern hemisphere?
2. When it’s summer in the northern hemisphere, what season is it in the southern hemisphere?
3. What popular food-eating contest happens at Coney Island on 4th of July?
4. What gets longer from the summer equinox to the solstice?
5. What is the date of summer in the Northern Hemisphere in 2023?
6. What summer holiday in June commemorates the emancipation of enslaved African-Americans?
7. What sport holds an annual event in the summer called Wimbledon?
8. What summer get-together involves people cooking and eating foot outdoors?
9. What kind of summer get-together involves people getting into bathing suits and jumping into the water?
10. What event will be happening for two weeks, from July 26th to Aug 11th in 2024?
11. What beach in the United States is the longest?
12. What water sport made its debut in the 2020 Summer Olympics?
13. What do the dog days of summer refer to?
14. What is considered the unofficial end of summer?
15. Which planet in our solar system has the longest summer?
16. Which popular summer fruit is made up of 92% water?
17. What’s the name of the midsummer Shakespearean comedy?
18. Where is the largest music festival in the world held every summer?
19. Which insect is a common symbol of summer and known for its light-producing organ?
20. In what year were the first modern Summer Olympic Games held?
21. What is the hottest planet in our solar system?
22. What is the “dog days of summer” referring to?
23. In Greek mythology, who is the goddess of the harvest and agriculture, who presided over grains and the fertility of the earth?
24. What constellation is associated with the phrase “the dog days of summer”?
25. What public infrastructure saw significant growth during the heatwave of 1911 in the U.S.?
26. What popular summer sporting event first started in Huntington Beach, California, in 1959?
27. Who directed the summer blockbuster movie Jaws?
28. What country is often recognized for inventing the popsicle?
29. What day is considered National Ice Cream Day in the United States?
30. What’s the most popular grilling food in the US during summer?
31. Who composed the popular summer tune “Summertime” for the 1935 opera Porgy and Bess?
32. Which animal is known to commonly go through a period of inactivity in the summer known as estivation?
33. What are the Summer Triangle stars?
34. In Japan, what is the summer festival of Obon in honor of?
36. Who wrote the song “Summer Wind” made famous by Frank Sinatra?
37. In what city and year did beach volleyball become an official Olympic sport?
38. What U.S. state is known as the “Sunshine State”?
39. In what year did the novel “The Summer Book” by Tove Jansson get published?
40. Who wrote the book “That Summer”?
41. Which Shakespeare play starts with the line, “Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this sun of York”?
42. Which major league baseball player has the record for the most home runs hit during the summer?
43. What global sporting event was first broadcast live on TV in the summer of 1936?
44. Who is the artist behind the hit summer song “Hot in Herre”?
45. In what year did the Beach Boys release their hit “Surfin’ USA”?
46. Who wrote the 1926 novel “The Sun Also Rises”?
47. What U.S. state produces the most peaches, a popular summer fruit?
48. What is the record for the highest temperature ever recorded on Earth?
49. Which country holds the record for winning the most Summer Olympics?
50. In the United States, Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer. What is Memorial Day in honor of?
52. What flower is often associated with summer and the state of Kansas?
53. What is the most common sunburn symptom?
54. Which body of water has the highest average summer temperature?
55. Which film took the phrase “summer blockbuster” mainstream after its release in the summer of 1975?
56. What is the name of the festival that celebrates the end of summer and beginning of harvest in the UK?
57. Who sang the 1966 hit song “Summer in the City”?
58. What day is National Hot Dog Day in the United States?
59. In what year did the TV show “Summer Heights High” first air?
61. Who sang the popular summer hit “School’s Out”?
62. Which famous artist painted the series “Haystacks”, showing scenes of summer?
63. What is the Latin word for summer?
64. Which 1999 movie, set during a summer camp, won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay?
65. What famous American event, known as the “Summer of Love”, took place in 1967?
66. Which 2013 hit single, performed by a French DJ, is often associated with summer?
67. What is the name of the famous summer music festival held annually in Chicago’s Grant Park?
69. What’s the term for a fear of the sun?
70. What U.S. state is known as the “Land of the Midnight Sun”?
71. What is the main ingredient in the summer drink Sangria?
72. Who starred in the summer movie hit “Independence Day”?
73. Which popular boardwalk game was invented during the summer of 1933?
74. Which French fashion designer is famous for introducing the bikini in the summer of 1946?
76. What 1964 event in the United States is often referred to as the “Freedom Summer”?
78. What is the name of the holiday celebrated in Sweden with maypole dancing at the start of summer?
79. What novel tells the story of a summer spent by four intellectually gifted friends in New England?
80. Who composed the “Summer” concerto of the Four Seasons?
81. Which film often associated with the start of the “summer blockbuster” phenomenon was released on June 20, 1975?
82. Who sang the 1970 summer hit “In the Summertime”?
84. What summer dessert’s name, when translated, means “cooked cream”?
85. What is the name of the traditional Japanese summer garment that’s often made of cotton or synthetic fabric, and worn by men, women, and children?
86. Which U.S. state is known as the “Beehive State”, which fits since bees are most active during summer?
87. What is the name of the famous battle during the American Civil War that took place in the summer of 1863?
88. What French city is known for its annual summer film festival?
89. What summer month is National Ice Cream Month in the United States?
90. What Italian island is a famous summer vacation spot in the Mediterranean Sea?
92. What 1967 summer hit by The Beatles is often referred to as the first concept album?
93. What city hosted the Summer Olympics in 2000?
95. Which U.S. city is known as the “City of Eternal Sunshine”?
96. Who sang the summer hit “Summer Nights” in the movie “Grease”?
97. What summer treat was invented by Frank Epperson at the age of 11 in 1905?
98. Which city hosted the Summer Olympics in 2012?
99. What festival in Spain, held in July, involves running in front of bulls?
100. What popular summer fruit is also a vegetable and is made of 95% water?
101. Which artist painted “The Scream”, an expressionist painting symbolizing the anxiety of modern man, with a background depicting the vibrancy of a summer sunset?
102. What state has the town of Summerhaven, which at an elevation of 8,200 ft is a popular cool summer getaway?
103. Which car manufacturer released a car model called “Summer” in 1966?
104. Who directed the film “(500) Days of Summer”?
105. What is the name of the festival that marks the end of summer in the Celtic calendar?
106. What is the name of the summer palace built for Peter the Great in St. Petersburg?
107. Who starred as the character Summer Finn in the film “(500) Days of Summer”?
109. What 1985 movie set during the summer in Oregon was about a group of kids who discover an old pirate map and embark on an adventure?
110. Who sang the 1972 summer hit song “Summer Breeze”?
111. What famous physicist developed a crucial part of his theory of relativity during a summer vacation in the Alps?
112. What summer fruit is the main ingredient in a traditional gazpacho?
113. Who sang the summer hit “Cruel Summer”?
- Juneteenth trivia
- 4th of July Trivia
- Fathers Day trivia
- Labor Day trivia
- Baseball trivia
- Independence Day Trivia