Candy is something just about all of us enjoyed as kids. These candy trivia questions and answers will remind us of our favorite sweet treats.
Special occasions that we often enjoy candy include Halloween and Valentine’s Day. Our candy trivia questions and answers will test your knowledge of well-known brands like Hershey’s and Nestle.
You’ll probably be thinking about grabbing some M&M’s or a snickers bar after this. Have fun with friends and family with these candy trivia questions and answers. If our candy trivia is fun, you might also enjoy our Pizza trivia, Baking Trivia, Fruit Trivia, Food Trivia, Christmas Food Trivia, fast food trivia, chocolate and Halloween Trivia.
Related: Valentine’s Day trivia
Candy trivia questions
1. Who invented the first chocolate bar?
2. What do the initials, M&M, stand for?
3. Which popular candy came first, Butterfingers or Reese’s cups?
4. What is the name that Reese’s was originally called?
5. What two colors of M&M’s frequently appear together in commercials?
6. What is the slogan for Skittles?
7. What candy is also the name of a popular 90’s rap song?
8. How many times does Mr. Owl lick the tootsie pop before biting into it?
9. What candy is also a name used to describe smart kids?
10. What candy used the slogan, “Melts in your mouth, not in your hand?”
11. What company is America’s oldest continually operating candy company?
12. What holiday is the candy cane often associated with?
13. What candy is also a word that describes a physical form of affection?
14. What is the candy bar that is a nougat topped with peanuts and caramel and encased in milk chocolate?
15. What is the second highest candy-selling holiday in America?
16. What is the name that the British use to refer to candy?
18. What year was bubble gum invented?
19. What was the Lollipop named after?
20. What was the day job of the inventor of cotton candy?
21. What candy features a word that’s also a human emotion?
22. What dollar figure is the name of this Nestle candy bar?
23. What candy has consistently been the top-selling treat among Americans?
24. On average, how much candy do Americans consume on Halloween?
25. What box-shaped candy contains real fruit juice in it?
26. What candy is known as “The Great American Chocolate Bar”?
27. Which candy company produces the popular Butterfinger candy bar?
28. In which country were gummy bears first invented?
29. What is the name of Willy Wonka’s factory in Roald Dahl’s book?
30. Which candy bar was included in U.S. soldiers’ rations during World War II?
31. What are the small, chewy candies available in various fruit flavors that come in a box with a flip-open top?
32. What candy has a fire-breathing mascot named Red?
33. What candy was famously part of a ration for American astronauts in space?
34. Which candy is wrapped in a three-part package that allows for long-lasting flavor?
35. What candy was originally designed to be a smoking cessation aid?
36. Which candy is advertised as “30% less fat than the leading chocolate brands”?
37. What kind of candy is the Ferrero Rocher?
38. What is the name of the hard, round candy that often comes in a roll?
39. Who invented cotton candy?
40. What was the original purpose of candy corn?
41. Who created the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup?
42. What is the term for the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth?
43. What is the typical flavor of a red Swedish Fish?
44. What is the longest continuously running branded candy in the U.S.?
45. What candy was named after a horse owned by the Mars family?
46. What candy bar is named after a combination of ‘caramel’ and ‘chocolate’?
47. What candy consists of a peanut butter center covered in chocolate?
48. Which candy is named after a popular dance in the 1920s?
49. What candy was known as “The Summer Candy” because it didn’t melt in the heat?
50. What color M&M’s did not exist from 1976 to 1987 due to a fear of a certain food dye?
51. Which candy has a mystery flavor that is a mixture of two other flavors?
52. What type of candy is a Tootsie Roll?
53. What type of candy are Hot Tamales?
54. What company makes the Gobstopper, a hard candy with multiple layers?
55. What candy is shaped like a fish and comes in a variety of colors?
56. What candy has a fizzy reaction when it comes into contact with saliva?
57. Which candy company is the world’s largest producer of lollipops?
58. What type of candy is made by stretching or pulling a sugar solution?
59. Which candy is known for being a favorite of former President Ronald Reagan?
60. What was the first candy to be made using a mold?
61. What candy was the first to be individually wrapped in the U.S.?
62. What color are grapefruit-flavored Skittles?
63. Which candy is known for having a surprise toy inside?
64. What’s the original flavor of PEZ candies?
65. What candy’s name is derived from the phrase “pocket money” in the UK?
66. Which candy is named after a play by George Bernard Shaw?
67. Which popular candy was once marketed as a “cure” for sore throats?
68. What is the traditional flavor of Candy Canes?
69. Which candy is known for its mascot, a rabbit who beats a drum?
70. What candy comes in a collectible dispenser?
71. What candy uses “The Freshmaker” as its slogan?
72. Which candy was invented by a pharmacist as a throat lozenge?
73. What’s the main flavor of a Fireball candy?
74. What candy has a mascot named “Bertie the Bunyip”?
75. What candy uses “Makes mouths happy” as its slogan?
76. What candy was first manufactured in the United States in 1896 by the Walter M. Lowney Company?
77. What candy was originally marketed as “energy balls”?
78. What is the most popular jelly bean flavor in the U.S.?