Have fun with these Groundhog Day Trivia Questions And Answers. This interesting celebration has been a tradition for quite some time.
Our Groundhog Day trivia questions might teach you a lot about the origin of this day. Find out cool facts about this animal and much more.
Enjoy quizzing yourself with this Groundhog Day trivia. If you like our Groundhog Day trivia, check out our Valentine’s Day trivia and February trivia.
Groundhog Day Trivia Questions
1. In what year was Groundhog Day first celebrated?
2. Which state was the first to celebrate Groundhog Day?
3. Legend has it, you can expect six more weeks of winter if a groundhog comes out from his burrow and sees what?
4. According to the National Climatic Data Center, what has been the accuracy rate of the groundhog’s predictions?
5. What is the name of the groundhog that predicts the change in seasons on Groundhog Day?
6. What is the average lifespan of a groundhog?
7. Which U.S. state uses an armadillo to predict the weather instead of a groundhog?
8. In what year did the comedy film “Groundhog Day” come out?
9. Who starred in the film “Groundhog Day”?
10. In which U.S. state was most of the “Groundhog Day” movie filmed?
11. What date does Groundhog Day fall on each year?
12. What Christian holiday is Groundhog Day associated with?
13. What is the name of the local dignitaries responsible for caring for the Punxsutawney Phil and planning the events of Groundhog Day?
14. Who was the first U.S. President to meet Punxsutawney Phil?
15. In which city does Punxsutawney Phil live?
16. In which year did Punxsutawney Phil appear on “The Oprah Winfrey Show”?
17. How many men are in the Inner Circle?
18. In 1981, Punxsutawney Phil wore what in honor of the American hostages being held in Iran?
19. Phil the groundhog’s official name became “Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators, and Weather Prophet Extraordinary” in what year?
20. What other country besides America celebrates Groundhog Day?
21. What is the name of Punxsutawney Phil’s wife?
22. In which country did Candlemas originate?
23. About how many pounds does Punxsutawney Phil weigh?
24. According to legend, Punxsutawney Phil is how many years old as of 2022?
25. What is the name of the magic elixir that keeps Punxsutawney Phil alive?
26. Punxsutawney Phil has his own bus, which houses him and the Inner Circle. What is the bus called?
27. What is another common name for a groundhog?
28. Where in Punxsutawney do Phil and his wife live when they’re not predicting the weather?
29. How many people travel to Punxsutawney to watch Phil predict the weather on Groundhog Day?
Related: St. Patrick’s Day Trivia Questions And Answers (2023)