Hanukkah is one of the most well-known Jewish holidays. Enjoy celebrating with some entertaining Hanukkah trivia questions and answers.
See if you know the name of the four-sided spinning top. Learn about where they use a menorah with 16 candles. You’ll find out lots of interesting things in our Hanukkah trivia questions.
Gather all your Jewish and non-Jewish family and friends for a good time. Enjoy these 40 Hanukah trivia questions and answers.
Related: Passover Trivia
Hanukkah trivia questions and answers
1. Hanukkah is not mentioned within which book of Scripture?
2. In which Middle Eastern city is the Holy Temple located?
3. How many days is Hanukkah celebrated?
4. What is the name of the four-sided spinning top played during Hanukkah?
5. In which two months does Hanukkah occur?
6. What is the name of the Seleucid King who prohibited traditional Judaic practices?
7. What is the name of the candelabrum that gets lit every night of Hanukkah?
8. What is another name that Hanukkah is known by?
9. Who in the house is supposed to halt working until the flame on the Menorah has burned out?
10. The word “Hanukkah” means what?
11. What animals did the Syrians use in their war against the Maccabees?
12. New York City hosts what kind of tournament during Hanukkah?
13. The Menorah is a commonly used symbol of what?
14. What is the traditional Hebrew song that is sung after the Menorah has been lit?
15. Hanukkah begins on the 25th day of which Jewish month?
16. What is the name of the temple that is a Jewish house of worship?
17. What is the name of the shredded potatoes that are fried in oil and traditionally eaten during Hanukkah?
18. In parts of what country is it traditional to use a Menorah with 16 candles?
19. It is customary to place the lit Menorah where?
20. Many people also refer to Hanukkah as the Festival of what?
21. What is the name of the woman known as “The First Matriarch” in the Torah?
22. How many women in the Torah are recognized as co-founders of Israel?
23. Hanukkah is the celebration of whose victory over the Seleucids?
24. How many jelly donuts are consumed in Israel during Hanukkah?
25. When did Jewish people first start celebrating Hanukkah?
26. Who is the heroine who beheaded the Assyrian General Holofernes?
27. What country in Western Asia hosts an annual relay race with torchbearers during Hanukkah?
28. Who was the first U.S. President to celebrate Hanukkah in the White House?
29. What language, other than Hebrew, is commonly spoken by Jewish people around the world?
30. What ideology was Antiochus trying to force onto Jewish people?