These Black History Month trivia questions can help people of all ages celebrate this important time of the year. Learn about all the great African-American leaders of our time.
Our Black History Month quiz will challenge your knowledge and fill you with new facts. Children can learn about interesting African-American history.
Without further ado, it’s time for some fun. Enjoy our trivia on Black History Month. If you like this trivia, check out our general knowledge, February and USA trivia.
Black History Month Trivia Questions
1. What month is Black History Month celebrated in America?
2. What other country celebrates Black History Month in February?
3. What month is Black History Month celebrated in the U.K.?
4. Who is known as the “Father of black history”?
5. February was chosen for Black History Month because it contained the birthday of Frederick Douglass and who else?
6. In what year did Black History Month become established?
7. Which U.S. state was the first to abolish slavery in 1777?
8. Which Amendment in the U.S. Constitution abolished slavery?
9. Who was the first black President elected in America?
10. Who is the most well-known civil rights activist in America?
11. Who was the first black person to serve on the Supreme Court?
12. Who was the first black woman to become First Lady in America?
13. Who is known as the “First Lady of Civil Rights”?
14. Rosa Parks had a vital role in which boycott?
15. What is the name of the anti-slavery newspaper published by Frederick Douglass in the 19th century?
16. Harriet Tubman, who helped enslaved people escape through the Underground Railroad, was nicknamed what?
18. In what year was the 13th Amendment ratified?
19. Who was the first black woman to become Secretary of State in America?
20. In what year was Maya Angelou born?
21. Who was the first female African American pilot?
22. In what year was the Journal of Negro History founded?
23. Who was the first black athlete to play for a major baseball league?
24. What is the name of the black power political organization founded in 1966?
25. Which black female activist was placed on the FBI’s Most Wanted List in 1970?
26. What is the name of the largest political rally in U.S. history?
27. Which civil rights activist publicly denounced the Vietnam War in his “Beyond Vietnam” speech?
28. Madame C.J. Walker was the first black woman to become a millionaire after she invented a line of what?
29. What is the name of the 2016 film based on the true story of three black female mathematicians who worked at NASA?
30. What is the name of the legislation that outlawed racial discrimination during voting?
31. What holiday celebrates the emancipation of enslaved people in America?
32. Who was the first black woman elected as Vice President of America?
33. In what year did interracial marriage become legal in America?